Youth Employment Services
The Canadian Career Academy is excited to be offering employment services for youth in Carleton Place and surrounding area. Many youth have used our services over the years to help find a summer job. Connection to employment is not the only service that we can provide. A few other of the services we offer are listed below:
- Career Decision Making
- Résumé Development
- Marketing Help
- Job Search Assistance
- Workshops, Seminars, and courses
- Training & Education information
- Referrals to Other Services
To find out more about the services we offer for youth please stop by the Employment Resource Centre or explore the Useful Links section.
Youth Job Connection
The program will serve youth 15-29 who experience barriers to employment by providing more intensive supports beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities. YJC offers youth who are eligible:
- Paid pre-employment workshops
- Job placement and mentorship
- Help transitioning to further education or employment
The goals of YJC are to provide participants with:
- Assessments and career development services, to increase their knowledge of job and career options, the job market and themselves;
- Opportunities to develop employability skills;
- Training and work experience to increase their readiness for employment;
- Support their transitions to employment or additional training and education, during and after the program.
There are 2 streams for the YJC program. The broader stream which runs year round for youth who are unemployed and not in any kind of schooling and the summer stream for students. Please contact our office for a referral or to gain more information on this program.